Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hotel Jacuzzi and Cows

So the weekend was great and I learned alot. Friday was our 21st wedding anniversary and my birthday. How old you ask? Never mind. Friday we went our shopping for the perfect anniversary presents. Tim went looking for a ring for me and he discovered that you cannot walk into a jewelry store and ask for a particular size ring. And I got him a new desk and office chair which he took as an insult. I thought he would be more comfortable doing he work. He said well would you be more comfortable doing your work with a new vacuum? Ok well now I get the point but it seemed like the perfect gift to me.

We left the kids home alone on Saturday night and Tim and I went away, really far, like 14 miles away to a hotel with a jacuzzi tub, a suite. And we ate out for Friday night at Applebee's, Saturday lunch at Chili's and Saturday night at Tuscans Grille, well we pair for food poisoning. We were both soooo sick by Saturday and Sunday night it was not even funny, we were practically fighting over the bathroom.

We also got a disturbing call from the kids early on Saturday within hours of our arrival from Emily. Brendan had gotten stung by a bee, in all places on the tip of his nose. And Logan had to call us ever at least 20 minutes because he missed us. I ended up giving him them the hotel phone number because they were using up all my minutes on my cell phone number. And heck might as well make the most of the room, right?

The jacuzzi tub in the room was great, we spent most of our time in there, matter of fact, I think in a former life that I was a mermaid, maybe Tim was a merman, sexy eh? We would be the only Mer couple with so many mer children swimming around populating the ocean.

Seriously, I would stay in the jacuzzi until I was ready to pass out, then I would get out until I felt okay again then I was like "You wanna go back in?" and Tim was like "Sure"

On Sunday we woke up early just to go down and get breakfast which was simply a waste of time, the baseball team, and ladies bingo team apparently beat us to it, we were left with what everyone else did not want. So we went back to the jacuzzi until 11am, check out time.

When we got home it was off to the fair as we promised the kids. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make it because my sickness had all of the sudden gotten worse. But I had promised and if you have kids and you promise them something......... well you know what happens. So we went to the fair. Same old same old, saw some pigs, cows, and horses. Logan was afraid of most of them so he petted the back end of a big old cow, and said aaaaah to some baby pigs and then he wanted to eat. Because he is like most 5 year old boys he really did not go to the fair to see the animals he wanted to go because he thought we were going to buy him something to eat. Since we were both feeling sick though he was in for quite a disappointment. So we did what every parent does when they have a screaming 5 year old in the back of the van we went through McDonalds drive thru.

I spend the rest of the day in bed. Tim was the best he made the kids leave me alone. Which was wonderful.

Well thanks for checking in............

No comments:

Post a Comment