Monday, July 6, 2009

Queen of Beating Around the Bush

If there is one thing that I have learned as a parent it is this: That all 16 year old girls are in existence simply to drive their parents mad. And that my daughter Amanda is the master at the technique matter of fact I think she holds classes in her bedroom in secret sessions. I can see it now throngs of girls huddled to hear her every word. Our daughter is a diva and master of deception. She also is a twister of words she is a great creator of the Dad said or Mom said just to try to seal a deal. You the know the deals that would never mass muster had both parents been present.


And my husband thinks I am the Queen of Beating around the Bush. I had to laugh last night when he called me that. We were laying in bed and I realized that the hallway light was on. I said “Now what are we going to do the hallway light is on and I cannot reach it” You know how it is the hallway light is on a pull string, one of those pull strings that has slowly faded away so little ole 5’4 me can no longer reach it. So my husband rolls out of bed and turns off the light. He returns to bed and asks me if I am watching TV which I am. When I am done, I realize that I cannot find the remote. I say “what am I gonna do I don’t know where the remote is to turn off the tv?” My husband gives a groan and says “ You are the queen at beating around the bush why don’t you just ask me to turn off the tv and the light?” Of course my husband is King of the Bush.


So we have a house of royalty to match the indoor pool. Oh did I mention we have Sir Squirrels that come and pay a visit every once in a while we have the perfect answer for. We are establishing a relocation program for squirrels. You see the story is kind of funny. We have a chandelier in the kitchen and one day I come out and I notice a piece of bread near one of the lights. Naturally, I assume that it is David and that he was throwing food. We have him in the kitchen cleaning high and low. Two days later the same thing happens. This time I am really mad, so mad I am ready to put David in a relocation program. Well funny thing, it wasn’t David at all. Next morning I come stumbling into kitchen in an early morning stumble looking for a drink and I come eye to eye with Sir Squirrel, I scream, he screams and we both run. Guess where he was at first, on the chandelier. So we are setting up a trapping system with operation Park Rescue where we are going to trap the squirrels and drop them off at the park. Now if this does not work, it is death row. Sorry you furry tailed friends.


Logan was doing some cleaning today of his closet and he comes out with a bag of his and Brendan’s clothes and he says “Mom, Dad these are your clothes from 1899, and some of mine from when I was 2 from 1990.” OMG talk about funny.

Something else I learned today is that boys are created with way to much testosterone, to the point where it is driving me crazy. I cannot even count the number of times on my fingers, how many fights broke out with the boys today, must have been "fighting in the air", good thing they all wrestle.


No comments:

Post a Comment