Monday, July 13, 2009

Day at the Circus

There are some days that seem to flow by and others where I feel like Tim and I are the ringleader in a very dangerous circus. Today was one of those days. The day started out kind of early, Logan's speech teacher was coming over, and Dylan had his root canal appointment. So Tim brought Dylan to his appointment and I stayed home. I had to stay home because I had a meeting with my boss via phone. See my job is full time and I do it from home, I am a grant writer. Everything that could be going wrong with my job was. The concept paper I had worked on with my boss that was near completion was getting edited left and right by the client, it was crazy. So I was on and off the phone and on the Internet the entire day. I was trying to keep the kids quite while the teacher was here. I was texting back and forth with Tim, it was crazy already and little did I know the day had not even begun. And it was David's 15th birthday. He was sleeping, he has this knew thing staying up all night playing playstation and sleeping all day, or waking up grouchy.

Logan came in at one point to interupt with something cute. He sat down next to us and said he wanted to be a knight, a knight in shining armor.

I spent most of the afternoon on the phone with my boss. As soon as I got off the phone we were ready to leave to sneak out and run up to Walmart get David's new bike, we were going to surprise him. Bradley wanted to go. So were were already to go and Bradley can't access his shoe's. Apparently, he has mysteriouly locked the door to his room and can't get in. And somehow the key to his room is inside. It turns out he put an exterior door lock on his bedroom door. So it is getting late and we want David to get a chance to ride his bike today, and now we have to help Bradley. They were trying everything to get in. Tim ended up taking off the molding and picking the lock with a butter knife. So finally we leave and get to Walmart and get the bike as well as a new outfit for him.

So we surprise David with the new bike, he is happy, for David that means a 2 second smile. We tell everyone we are leaving David asks where we are going, we say comeone we are going out to eat to Outback. He didn't realize we were taking him out to eat. So we tell the waiter it is his birthday and David gets all stressed out and doesn't want to be sung to so we have to tell the waiter not to sing to him. While at the restaurant we get a text message from Amanda saying that Bradley is a psycho path and that he is fighting with Logan and trying to beat him up. Now can you picture the circus ring number 1 in your mind? Ring 3 we are eating, ring 1 is Bradley chasing Logan and ring 2 is the rest of them chasing each other fighting over I don't know maybe fish sticks because that is what their meal was for tonight, that was Logan's choice. As I understand it he was a great Chef, Emily was his assistant.

So we get home and it is dark David wants to ride around for a bit on his bike we make him come in and it is time for cake and ice cream and we have to eat again. Talk about living in a circus act, and talk about being full.

Something else funny I was thinking about today, I and many women seem to have double standards for men and women that act like jerks. Today when we were driving home from the restaurant we were past on a double line, both of us called the guy a dick head, but where I thought about it I had to laugh. I laugh because that does not bother Tim. But now I would never call a female who drives like that a female body part. Let's think about that for a moment - Hey you stupid vagina head, or worse yet you p word. I could never do it. It is just one of those funny things in life.

Well gotta write an article or two, have a good night, come back again soon.

Michele - aka the Ring leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment