Saturday, July 11, 2009

Kid Week - Family Dinner - OMG

My husband and I decided to try something completely new and different this month. Well with 9 kids we are sick and tired of trying to come up with what we are going to have for dinner each night and hearing the same thing every night. "Why do we always have to have ......., I hate ........" So we decided that we would have kid choice week. This week happens to be that week. The kids each choose a dinner so for the next 8 nights we are having what the kids have chosen. Tonight it was Dylans turn. Of course there is one catch, especially for the older kids. They have to make the meal. Dylan chose to have hot turkey sandwiches. He had to make the meal. Each one had to give us a grocery list of what items they needed. Dylan yelled down to us to come and serve because in his mind that is not his job. Now he had a real tough job, all he did was heat up the gravy, and put the fries in the oven and take them out. He did not make any vegetables with it so we had hot turkey sandwiches and fries. We got stuck making the plates. When TJ found out that they have to make the meals they chose he is having second thoughts. He chose Philly Cheese Steaks, he was like well I would of picked something else if I knew we had to make it, I was like yeah what like peanut butter and jelly.

Tomorrow we are going to the beach. Right now it is 11pm and I am still trying to get Logan to go to sleep right now he is crying in my room, and we are threatening him saying that he has 5 minutes to go to sleep or no beach. I will let you know tomorrow if he gets stuck staying home with Bradley or not. Tomorrow it is just Tim and I taking the girls, Amandas boyfriend and Brendan and Logan. The rest of them cannot go simply because they do not fit in the car. They are mad because Amanda's boyfriend is going. He has to go because we have to supervise them together. Of course I feel bad, okay maybe a little.

Well good night everyone. Tomorrow will be more exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment