Friday, July 17, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me and Happy Anniversary To Us

Well today is my birthday, do I have to say how old? Ok, twist my arm, I am 41. I know that sucks. It is also our 21st anniversary, that's right I got married on my birthday. 21 years ago I was young, 20 years old, and it started off as a sunny July day. Right after we got married and boarded the limo it started hailing, that's right in July. I guess that should have been a sign that I would have 9 kids that would drive me crazy a good portion of the time.

We had a bad storm yesterday afternoon that knocked our power out, talk about fun - 9 sweaty bored kids, in a house where there is nothing to do and it is getting dark. We all try to find flashlights and there are none because of course they have used them to play games with. So we are forced to use the headlights of remote control cars as lights. We had to drive 15 miles away to pick up dinner at McDonalds and they had a picnic outside. It was getting dark and the mousquitoes were also very hungry, so we covered ourselves with bug spray. Most of us sat in the van with the windows down. After we were done eating we went inside trying to find a laptop that still had power left to watch a movie and even trickier make it around the house and find a movie with what little light we had. It is amazing how hard it is to find your way around your house in the dark. So we find a movie 27 Dresses and decide to watch it. The boys and Amanda decide they are leaving they go down to the movie theatre to watch a movie.

The power was out for about 7 hours and all of our food in the refrigerator went bad. Luckily it was at the end of the week but still everything in the refrigerator went bad. So this morning I have the wonderful task of cleaning our the refrigerator. Actually I am going to get one of the kids to do it because after all today is my birthday and mine and Tim's anniversary so I don't want him to do it.

We are planning of escaping either tommorrow or next weekend. We are going really far away 15 miles away to a hotel that has a jacuzzi tub and a king sized bed. Really we just want 24 hours away from 9 children.

To be Continued........

No comments:

Post a Comment