Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Worst Halloween Candy to Give Out

With Halloween knocking on our door I am already dreading the candy interrogation that my husband and I have at the end of the festivities. This is how my day will go.

First since Brendan and Logan are now home schooled I will have a little party for them. We will make mummy hot dogs for lunch, cup cakes and play a few games after all their work for the day is complete. See I am so mean. Maybe I should have them march around the yard in their costumes to make up for them missing their school parade.

When Tim, and the rest of the kids get home from school, they will hang around for a bit and then get dressed for the first part of the night that I hate. We will go door to door to door. I hate this part for two reasons. First, I feel like we are begging for food. Now we are asking for candy. Tomorrow we will be asking for boxes of cereal and milk. I also have a hard time walking even short distances because of my back trouble so even though I hate the concept of Trick or Treating after I am dropped off at home I feel as though I am missing their fun. My husband will continue Trick or Treating with them door to door to door. He will go with them dropping off one child at a time as they get tired. By around 830pm, the entire gang will be home. They will get undressed and the candy interrogation will begin.

The candy interrogation works one bag at a time. We dump the bag out on the table and begin by getting rid of all the hard candy. I might sound like a nut but I have this fear that one of my children are going to choke to death on a piece of hard candy so I just do not let them have it. I have that same fear with bone in chicken, but that's a different story. So hard candy is very bad to give out to children on Halloween because of the high choking possibility. Next, we remove all candy with a twist wrapper. This would include candy such as Tootsie Rolls, Smarties, you know what I am talking about. Does that sound crazy to you? I remove this candy because there is no way to tell if it has been tampered with, and I certainly not gonna take any chances. Sure I got extra kids but I want to keep them all, well on most days anyway.

So when out shopping for candy but candy that has a sealed package and don't buy hard candy! Till next time, Adios! I gotta go Extreme Coupon is coming on and I love that show.

No comments:

Post a Comment